Edible Schoolyard 2013
The Edible Schoolyard Greensboro empowers children and families to create their own food future through food education. The program is part of the Greensboro Children’s Museum, a respected, experiential educational institution. Interns will spend the semester immersed in this unique atmosphere assisting garden and kitchen staff with field trips using the seed-to-table philosophy.
There are two positions available for each semester:
First Session: September 18th– November 16th
Second Session: March 12th -May 10th
Interns are responsible for:
- Implementing gardening and cooking programming to preschool-8th graders
- Groups of up to 10 children at time
- Photo and video documentation
- Must be available to work from 8:30am to 12:30pm on at least one day per week. Available days include Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Minimum hours per week: 4
- Maximum number of hours per week: 20 (hours not spent in programming may be spent on special projects and garden maintenance)
Experience and love of working with children of varying ages
High school graduate
Gardening and cooking backgrounds a plus, but not necessary
Spanish language a plus
Fresh garden food, including eggs
Applications for Spring Internships will be accepted beginning January 1, 2013. To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest to Hailey Moses at firstname.lastname@example.org . The letter should include:
- Name, address, phone number, email address
- How did you hear about the program?
- Why do you want to participate in this internship? Note any specific areas of interest you have.
- Describe any previous relevant work experience you have (this could be in gardening, cooking or working with children).
- What role do you tend to play in a group?
- Anything else you would like us to know about you?
- List two references who we may contact.
- Will you be interning for credit?
- Please attach your resume.
- Which session are you able to join us? (September 18th- November 16th or March 12th -May 10th)
Please submit your letter and resume to Hailey Moses by February 15, 2013: email@example.com