Edible Schoolyard 2013-2014 Internships:
Garden Program Intern
The Edible Schoolyard Greensboro empowers children and families to cultivate healthy communities through food education. The program is part of the Greensboro Children’s Museum, a respected, experiential educational institution. Interns will spend the semester immersed in this unique atmosphere assisting garden staff with field trips and other garden programs using the seed-to-table philosophy.
There is one position available for each semester:
First Session: October 2nd – November 22nd This position has been filled
Second Session: March 3rd – May 2nd
- Participate in gardening and cooking programs for children of all ages
- Independently lead garden-based lessons for groups of 5-12 children
- Assist garden manager with garden maintenance
- Assist garden educators with garden-based program development and special projects
- Must be available to work from 8:30am to 12:30pm on at least two days per week.
- Minimum hours per week: 8
- Maximum number of hours per week: 20
Excitement about The Edible Schoolyard’s mission
Experience and love of working with children of varying ages
High school graduate
Quick learner and independent thinker
Experience with gardening or cooking is strongly preferred, but not required
Fresh garden food
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest to Hailey Moses at firstname.lastname@example.org . The letter should include:
- Name, address, phone number, email address
- How did you hear about the program?
- Why do you want to participate in this internship? Note any specific areas of interest you have.
- Describe any previous relevant work experience you have (this could be in gardening, cooking or working with children).
- What role do you tend to play in a group?
- Anything else you would like us to know about you?
- List two references who we may contact.
- Will you be interning for credit?
- Please attach your resume.
- Which session are you able to join us? (September 18th- November 16th or March 12th -May 10th)
Fall Internship Applicants: Please submit your letter and resume to Hailey Moses by September 15, 2013 at email@example.com