The Edible Schoolyard Kitchen Internship
The Edible Schoolyard Greensboro empowers children and families to cultivate healthy communities through food education. The program is part of the Greensboro Children’s Museum, a respected, experiential educational institution. Interns will spend the semester immersed in this unique atmosphere assisting kitchen staff with a hands-on afterschool cooking program for underprivileged youth. We will be using the seed-to-table philosophy to create seasonal homemade meals and learn valuable kitchen skills in The Edible Schoolyard Kitchen Classroom.
Second Session: Spring (January- April)
Interns are responsible for:
• Implementing cooking programming to 3rd and 4th graders
• Working with up to 15 kids, mostly in small groups
• Photo and video documentation
• Assisting with kitchen prep and clean up
• Working 2.5 hours a week, each Wednesday from 3:00-5:30 PM, during the afterschool program (additional hours are available upon request)
Excitement about The Edible Schoolyard mission
Experience and love of working with children and underprivileged youth
High school graduate
Responsible and punctual
Quick learner and independent thinker
Gardening and cooking backgrounds a plus, but not necessary
Fresh garden food, including eggs in the spring session
To apply, Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Bedrosian: email@example.com Your cover letter should answer the following questions.
1) How did you hear about the program?
2) Why do you want to participate in this internship? Note any specific areas of interest you have.
3) Describe any previous relevant work experience you have (this could be in agriculture, landscaping, gardening, construction, cooking or working with children).
4) What role do you tend to play in a group?
5) What should people who will work with you in a close setting know about you?
6) List two references whom we may contact.
7) Will you be interning for credit? Which school are you from and what is your major?
8) Anything else you would like us to know about you?