The Edible Schoolyard Greensboro empowers children and families to cultivate healthy communities through food education. Interns will spend the semester immersed in this unique atmosphere assisting staff with field trips and other garden programs based in the seed-to-table philosophy. Depending on the interests of the intern, there is also the possibility of participating in daily tasks in the garden, such as planting, harvesting, weeding, watering, and other special projects.
First Session: September – November
Second Session: March – May
Interns may be responsible for the following:
• Assisting with gardening and cooking programs for children of all ages
• Independently leading garden-based lessons for groups of 5-12 children
• Assisting garden manager with garden maintenance
• Assisting educators with garden-based program development and special projects
• Must be available to work from 8:30am to 12:30pm at least two days per week
• Minimum hours per week: 8
• Maximum number of hours per week: 20
Experience and love of working with children of varying ages
Excitement about The Edible Schoolyard’s mission
High school graduate
Quick learner and independent thinker
Experience with gardening or cooking is strongly preferred, but not required
Fresh garden food and eggs, as available seasonally
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest. The letter should include:
1. Name, address, phone number, and email address.
2. How did you hear about the program?
3. Why do you want to participate in this internship? Note any specific areas of interest.
4. Describe any previous relevant work experience you have (this could be in gardening, cooking, or working with children).
5. What role do you tend to play in a group?
6. Anything else you would like us to know about you?
7. List two references who we may contact.
8. Will you be interning for credit?
9. Please attach your resume.
10. Which session(s) are you able to join us? (September – November, March – May, or both?)
Please submit your letter and resume to Hailey Moses at email@example.com. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.