The Edible Schoolyard Greensboro empowers children and families to cultivate healthy communities through food education. Interns will spend the semester immersed in this unique atmosphere assisting staff with an afterschool program based in the seed-to-table philosophy. Depending on the interests of the intern, there is also the possibility of assisting with additional cooking classes or daily tasks in the garden, such as planting, harvesting, weeding, watering, and other special projects.
First Session: September – December
Second Session: January – May
Interns are responsible for the following:
• Assisting with an afterschool cooking program for 3rd graders
• Independently leading cooking lessons in small groups
• Guiding children through proper safety and hygiene in the kitchen
• Assisting with program set up and clean up
• Must be available to work from 3:00-5:30PM on Wednesday afternoons
Experience and love of working with children of varying ages
Excitement about The Edible Schoolyard’s mission
High school graduate
Quick learner and independent thinker
Some gardening, cooking, and kitchen experience is highly preferred
Fresh garden food and eggs, as available seasonally
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest to Jennifer Bedrosian at firstname.lastname@example.org . The letter should include:
1. Name, address, phone number, email address
2. How did you hear about the program?
3. Why do you want to participate in this internship? Note any specific areas of interest you have.
4. Describe any previous relevant work experience you have (this could be in gardening, cooking or working with children).
5. What role do you tend to play in a group?
6. Anything else you would like us to know about you?
7. List two references who we may contact.
8. Will you be interning for credit?
9. Please attach your resume.
10. Which session(s) are you able to join us? (September – December, January – May, or both?)
Please submit your letter and resume to Jennifer Bedrosian at email@example.com. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.